Name
    Andy Chadwick

Don't get me started on IR35

A348W is online now I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Complete pain; not least government departments stance that everybody is inside the rules! (Typical lazy attitude!).

Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Complete pain; not least government departments stance that everybody is inside the rules! (Typical lazy attitude!).
    Little bit off thread now but what is really wrong with it is its supposed to be applying fair taxation (PAYE and NICs) between permanent and contracted staff.

But it has now turned it on its head as the it makes it totally unfair because the contractor will now incur 12.8% MORE tax than the employee, in the form of having to pay the Employers NIC, have no holiday pay, sickness pay, pension benefits or employment rights. They have specifically decoupled employment status from IR35 status which is a complete joke and illegal in my mind. They just want their cake and to eat it. Hopefully, once it comes in in April there will be class action lawsuit against the government.

The legislation says the company must decide with each contractor or role on an individual basis whether they are inside or not. But I have already seen in the public sector most engagements were just blanket decisions.
    In the private sector the same thing will happen and I have people I work with who have been told they have to change to an umbrella company as the customer will not be dealing with any Private Service Companies from April.

Not sure what my position will be yet but I am not hopeful going on what I have seen already. I am going to be a lot worse off it looks. So possibly no Ferrari for me next year

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    T'was mainly that in 2000 that helped me decide to give up contracting.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456